Ready Golf Mission: To provide a fun round of golf at a good pace.
Note: Ready Golf can only be practiced in Stroke Play. It cannot be practiced in Match Play.
On the tee:
- The player who is ready should hit.
- Shorter hitters should hit first.
- Tee-off as soon as the group ahead is clear.
- Carry an extra ball in your pocket.
On the Fairway:
- Hit when ready and safe; do not use the “honor system”.
- Take appropriate clubs to your ball and hit without delay.
- Have your group watch where each shot goes.
- Limit search for lost balls to 3 minutes.
On the Green:
- Place your clubs, or you cart, between the green and the next tee.
- Study your putt while others are putting
- Continue putting until you have holed out unless standing for your putt places you in another player’s line.
- Leave the green immediately after holing out and proceed to the next tee. Complete your scorecard after you’re off the green.
On Par 3 Greens:
- Upon reaching the green, if the group in front of you is waiting to hit on the next tee, stand in a safe area and have the group behind you hit up onto the green.
- Mark your score on the way to the next tee.
- When driving a cart, drop your partner at her ball, then, continue to yours.
3 Key Ready Golf Rules:
- Stay within one shot of the group in front of you
- Hit when ready and safe
- Continue putting until you hole out